Training and Education
- Do you want to learn some surf skills ?
- Do you want to gain some fitness ?
- Are you new to the area and looking for a way to meet people in an idyllic (and iconic) outdoor setting ?
You don’t need to be a “super athlete” to gain invaluable skills. Our qualified instructors have experience in surf education and can develop candidates.
Candidates need to be a minimum of 13 years old for the SRC and 15 years old for the Bronze.
The following courses are provided by the club and group sessions are available.
TRAINING has STARTED- Please see Club Captain or your Patrol Captain for more information.
Please click the course for more information about the course.
|Surf Rescue Certificate|| 25/10/20
|First Aid Certificate|| TBC
|Radio Operators Certificate||TBC|
|Spinal Management|| TBC
|Advanced Resuscitation Techniques|| TBC
Please contact our club Training Officer via firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like further information on the above courses.
You will need to bring along your training enrollment form filled out and signed to the first day of your course - enrollment form
Please also have a read of the SLSNSW Participant Handbook before the course starts.
For all available awards and pre requisites please click this link: Awards Chart
By now all members should have completed Proficiency, If you haven't please discuss with your Patrol Captain.
For On-Line training and skills review please refer to the following:
Please check SLSA ONLINE e-training and confirm you have completed the required training:
- Bonze Members - Skills Maintenance 2020/21 Bronze Medallion Theory
- Patrol Captains - SLSNSW - Supplementary Learning for Patrol Captains
- SRC Members - Skills Maintenance 2020/21 Surf Rescue Certificate Theory
If you need to complete the eTraining, perform the following:
- Communicate with your Patrol Captain
- Connect to site (Requires SLSA login credentials): Click Here
- Select Training Library
- Select the eLearning course you require
- Select SLS - Skill; Maintenance, for Bronze and SRC Maintenance courses
- Select SLS - New South Wales Courses, for the Patrol Captain Supplementary Learning
Any Questions please refer them to:
- Your Patrol Captain
- Club Captain - Josh Douglas